Make way for the newest tour in town, #ThrowBikeManila! Visiting Intramuros landmarks, Binondo food places, Escolta Street, National Museum and more in one day, rediscovering Philippine’s capital couldn’t be more captivating.
I wanted to do something different on my weekend and it was very timely of my friend Dominique to post on Facebook about the tour he was working on, so I signed up. Luckily, I know how to ride a bike so I was qualified to join the tour and off I go!
My favorite parts of the tour:
- Using BamBikes (hand-made bamboo bicycle) to tour around Intramuros. Plus proceeds of the bike rental goes to social initiatives!
- Dominique, the tour guide did a good job at sharing interesting facts how a place was before and how it is now
- It was my first time to visit the National Museum and I saw the original Spolarium by Juan Luna. It was huge!
- Yummy fried frog legs in Binondo (Chinatown). Also it was my first time in Binondo.
- Desserts at Escolta Street
- And finally, I won new friends! Yay!
If you’re interested in joining the next #ThrowBikeManila tour, visit http://throwbikemanila.splashthat.com/